Thank you for visiting the New York Lottery's Subscription Center. This website is designed to make it easier and more efficient for individuals and businesses to interact with the New York Lottery. We recognize that it is critical for individuals and businesses to be confident that their privacy is protected when they visit the New York Lottery's website.
- The following information is collected automatically when you visit this web site:
- The Internet Protocol Address ("IP Address" and domain name used to access the website, but not the email address. The IP Address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or directly to your computer;
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited this site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site;
- The website you visited prior to coming to this website;
- The next website you visit after you leave this website;
- If you downloaded a form, the form that was downloaded;
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example aol.com if you are accessing from America Online);
- Your current Internet Network address (not your email address)
None of the foregoing information is deemed to constitute personal information.
The information that is collected automatically is used to improve this website's content and to help the New York Lottery understand how users are interacting with the website. This information is collected for statistical analysis, to determine what information is of most and least interest to our users, and to improve the utility of the material available on the website. This information is not collected for any purposes other than the New York Lottery's purposes.
If you wish, you may complete a registration to personalize this website and permit a "persistent cookie" to be stored on your computer's hard drive. This persistent cookie will allow the website to recognize you when you visit again and tailor the information presented to you based on your needs and interests. NYS uses persistent cookies only with your permission.
The software and hardware you use to access the website allows you to refuse new cookies or delete existing cookies. Refusing or deleting these cookies may limit your ability to take advantage of some features of this website.
- Personal information collected for New York Lottery subscriptions
- If you choose to register for New York Lottery subscriptions through this website, we will collect a variety of personal information from you at initial registration, some mandatory and some voluntary.
Mandatory Registration Personal Information
The following personal information is collected at initial registration and is necessary for the administration of New York Lottery subscriptions:
- name (first, last)
- date of birth (if an individual)
- taxpayer identification number (required before collection of any prize $600 or less)
- email address
- password (self-selected)
- challenge questions and responses (in case you lose your password)
- postal mailing address
- postal billing address
- whether or not you are a resident of Yonkers and/or New York City
- whether or not you are a (United States) non-resident alien
- telephone number
The New York Lottery will use the mandatory information collected primarily for administrative purposes, such as the administration of the New York Lottery, verification of eligibility, notification of winners, or other purposes.
Optional Information and Information that We May Subsequently Require (for Certain Winners)
Other information we collect is optional and not required for registration, but may be required to claim a prize, including:
- preferred method of contact
- game play, promotional, and purchase location preferences
- whether or not you wish to be included in marketing surveys
Optional information you submit may be used in combination with certain mandatory information, such as name, physical address or email address for other purposes such as research and marketing or other New York Lottery purposes. By submitting this information, you consent to the New York Lottery's use of it for such purposes.
- Mandatory Non-Personal Information If you choose to purchase a New York Lottery subscription through our website, we will need to collect additional information from you, including the game you want to play and details about the type and frequency of that play.
- Mandatory Registration Personal Information The following personal information is collected at initial registration and is necessary for the administration of New York Lottery subscriptions:
- Personal information notice
- To process your subscription application, you authorize the New York Lottery to collect personal information about you. You authorize the New York Lottery to use and release certain personal information, including your name, hometown and any photograph, video or audio recording, in any medium (including but not limited to newspaper, television, radio and internet), for purposes of marketing, advertising or other purposes of the New York Lottery. If you do not provide all or any part of the personal information requested, your application may not be processed. The New York Lottery requires your personal information to comply with the Internal Revenue Code and New York State Tax Law income reporting and tax withholding requirements and under the authority of Tax Law section 1604 to announce New York Lottery prize awards. The Director of Prize Payments for the New York Lottery is the custodian of subscription and prize records and may be contacted by mail at POB 7533, Schenectady, NY 12301-7533 or by phone at (518) 388-3300.
- Website for adult use only (age 18 and older)
- The New York Lottery does not knowingly collect personal information from children or create profiles of children through this website. The registration page requires registrants be at least 18 years of age to participate in New York Lottery transactions. Users are cautioned, however, that the collection of personal information submitted in an email will be treated as though it was submitted by an adult, and may, unless exempted from access by State law, be subject to public access. The New York Lottery strongly encourages parents and teachers to be involved in children's internet activities and to provide guidance whenever children are asked to provide personal information online.
- Information and choice
- As noted above, the New York Lottery does not collect any personal information about you during your visit to this website unless you provide that information voluntarily by sending an email, participating in a survey, or registering for subscriptions or other interactive services the New York Lottery may provide. You may choose not to utilize some or all of these interactive services. While your choice not to participate in these activities may limit your ability to receive specific services or products through this website, it will not prevent you from requesting services or products from the New York Lottery by other means and will not normally have an impact on your ability to take advantage of other (non-interactive) features of the website, including browsing or downloading publicly available information.
- Disclosure of information collected through this web site
- The collection of information through this website and the disclosure of that information are subject to the provisions of the Internet Security and Privacy Act (N.Y. State Technology Law Article II). The New York Lottery will only collect personal information through this website or disclose personal information collected through this website if you, as the user, have consented to the collection or disclosure of such personal information. Your voluntary disclosure of personal information to the New York Lottery, whether solicited or unsolicited, constitutes consent to the New York Lottery's collection and disclosure of the information for the purposes reasonably ascertainable from the nature and terms of the transaction.
However, the New York Lottery may collect or disclose personal information without user consent if the collection or disclosure is: (1) necessary to perform the statutory duties of the New York Lottery, or necessary for the Lottery to operate a program authorized by law, or authorized by state or federal statute or regulation; (2) made pursuant to a court order or by law; (3) for the purpose of validating the identity of the user; or (4) of information to be used solely for statistical purposes that is in a form that cannot be used to identify any particular person.
Further, the disclosure of information, including personal information, collected through this website is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Law (N.Y. Public Officers Law Article 6; "FOIL") and the Personal Privacy Protection Law (N.Y. Public Officers Law Article 6-A).
The New York Lottery may disclose personal information to federal or state law enforcement authorities to enforce the New York Lottery's rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to the New York Lottery's information technology assets or against other inappropriate use of this website.
Some portions of this website, such as the registration form, the purchase of subscriptions, and all credit card processing, are operated by third-party vendors. This Policy governs how those vendors will handle your information. The New York Lottery has in place agreements requiring those vendors to maintain reasonable security consistent with this section.
- Retention of information collected through this web site
- Access to and correction of personal information collected through this web site
- "Personal Information" is any information concerning a natural person which, because of name, address, telephone number, symbol, mark, or other identifier, can be used to identify that natural person. A domain name or Internet protocol address are not considered personal information.
Personal information provided during the registration process may be viewed and/or changed by clicking the appropriate link for viewing or editing your personal information after you have logged onto the website.
Any user may submit a request to the New York Lottery's Compliance Officer to determine whether personal information pertaining to that user has been collected through this website. Any such request shall be made in writing to the address below and must be accompanied by reasonable proof of identity of the user. Reasonable proof of identity may include verification of a signature, inclusion of an identifier generally known only to the user, or similar appropriate identification. The address of the Compliance Officer is: Compliance Officer
New York State Gaming Commission
One Broadway Center
P.O. Box 7500
Schenectady, NY 12301
The Compliance Officer shall, within five (5) business days of the date of the receipt of a proper request: (i) provide access to the personal information; (ii) deny access in writing, explaining the reasons therefore; or (iii) acknowledge the receipt of the request in writing, stating the approximate date when the request will be granted or denied, which date shall not be more than thirty (30) days from the date of the acknowledgment.
In the event that the New York Lottery has collected personal information pertaining to you through the website and that information is to be provided to you pursuant to your request, the Compliance Officer shall inform you of your right to request that the personal information be amended or corrected under the procedures set forth in section 95 of New York State's Public Officers Law.
- Confidentiality and integrity of personal information collected through this web site
The New York Lottery is strongly committed to protecting personal information collected through this website against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Consequently, the New York Lottery limits access to personal information collected through this website to only those people who need access to the information in the performance of their official duties. Employees or contractors who have access to this information are required to follow appropriate procedures in connection with any disclosure of personal information.
In addition, the New York Lottery has implemented procedures to safeguard the integrity of its information technology assets, including, but not limited to, authentication, monitoring, auditing, and encryption. These security procedures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of this website as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content as well as the electronic transmission of information.
For website security purposes and to maintain the availability of the website for all users, software is used to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise damage this website.
If you believe that your personal information in being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, you may contact the New York Lottery's Compliance Officer, as outlined above.
- Contact information
- For questions regarding this website, please contact:
(via regular mail)
New York Lottery Subscriptions
PO Box 7590
Schenectady, NY 12301